SAMCO is fully committed to processing data securely and transparently. We will act with integrity and protect the personal and confidential information of others. We will comply with the data protection laws that apply in the countries in which we operate.
In particular, we have implemented a data protection governance framework to ensure that as far as possible, we comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This includes standard procedures for handling personal information, Privacy Statements (for employees, job applicants, and visitors), Confidentiality Agreements (for data processors), data inventory containing records of how we process data and the provision of training to our employees.
This Statement sets out, in line with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the types of data that we collect, hold and process on you. It also sets out how we use your information, how long we keep it for and other relevant information about your data.
This Privacy Statement is applicable to personal data submitted through www.samco.aero website (hereinafter – the “Website”). This website is managed by SAMCO Aircraft Maintenance, acting as a data controller.
Your personal data are processed as described in this Privacy Statement. We, therefore, ask you to read it carefully before communicating any of your data through www.samco.aero.
Definitions and interpretation
In this Statement, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“personal data” means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person, who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
“we/us/our” means SAMCO Aircraft Maintenance, Horsterweg 19, 6199 AC Maastricht Airport, The Netherlands.
What does this statement cover?
This Statement applies to your use of and the personal data you deliver and/or we collect through the Website.
The website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before accessing them.
What data do we collect?
You may provide personally identifiable information (“personal data”) about yourself when you use our services and, of course, when you fill in your personal data in “Contact Us Form” and/or “Job Application Form” on our website (name, e-mail address, phone number, and company name).
Persons that are under 16 years old cannot provide their personal data through this website. If you are below the age of 16 years, please provide consent for personal data submission and processing by the holder of parental responsibility over you.
Where we collect your data?
Personal data that is sent via Contact and/or Job Application forms are directly received in our mailbox, which is located at SAMCO Maastricht, The Netherlands. For any questions or removal requests you can contact ICT@samco.aero.
How will we use information about you?
We process personal data for the sole purposes of SAMCO Aircraft Maintenance, namely:
- For the organization, management and functioning of the website;
- For the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract;
- For the performance of a contract to which the company you are representing is a party or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract;
- For replying to queries submitted via website;
- For considering job applications submitted via website;
- For performance of internal business administration including fulfilling any legal requirements (e.g. forwarding of information to investigative bodies, etc.).
The provision of your personal data is voluntary, but any refusal to provide such data will not allow the correct use of SAMCO Aircraft Maintenance services.
Sharing your data
Your data will only be shared with:
- Approved SAMCO personnel in order to reply to your request;
- Parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our services.
Nor shall it be passed on, transmitted or sold to third parties outside SAMCO unless you have expressly consented to it.
Protecting your data
SAMCO has appropriate security measures to ensure your data is protected against accidental loss or disclosure, used, altered or accessed in an unauthorised way. We also limit access of your data to employees and other third parties who have a business need to know. All these parties are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long we keep your data for?
In line with data protection principles, we only keep your data for as long as we need it for and this will depend on the subject of your request.
Overall, your personal data will be stored for a period as short as possible but minimum for the period required for the conduct of business.
SAMCO Aircraft Maintenance uses the following cookies on the website:
- Strictly necessary cookies
- Statistics cookies
Plug-ins & tools
The www.samco.aero website uses the mapping service Google Maps, via an API, in order to present the online content in an appealing manner and to make the locations disclosed on our website easy to find. Maps API v3 does not rely on the exchange of cookies with Google. This improves both the security of the API, and the performance on bandwidth constrained networks.
Automated decision making
No decision will be made about you solely on the basis of automated decision making (where a decision is taken about you using an electronic system without human involvement) which has a significant impact on you.
Your rights in relation to your data
Under the GDPR you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. These are:
- The right to be informed. This means that we must tell you how we use your data, and this is the purpose of this Privacy Statement.
- The right of access. You have the right to access the data that we hold on you.
- The right for any inaccuracies to be corrected. If any data that we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, you are able to require us to correct it.
- The right to have information deleted. If you would like us to stop processing your data, you have the right to ask us to delete it from our systems where you believe there is no reason for us to continue processing it.
- The right to restrict the processing of the data. For example, if you believe the data we hold is incorrect, we will stop processing the data (whilst still holding it) until we have ensured that the data is correct.
- The right to portability. You may transfer the data that we hold on you for your own purposes.
- The right to object to the inclusion of any information. You have the right to object to the way we use your data where we are using it for our legitimate interests.
Where you have provided consent to our use of your data, you also have the unrestricted right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent means that we will stop processing the data that you had previously given us consent to use. There will be no consequences for withdrawing your consent. However, in some cases, we may continue to use the data where so permitted by having a legitimate reason for doing so.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the ICT Department if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR with regard to your personal data.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or how we handle your personal information, please contact the ICT Department: ICT@samco.aero.